Thursday, April 12, 2012

Response From EA Support for Online Issues

On Tuesday (release day), I purchased the Digital Download Version of FIFA 11 for PC. I have not been able to connect to EA servers one time. I chatted with a Tech Support guy on Friday. He told me to re-install the game. I had already tried that twice. Today, about 30 minutes ago, I chatted with another tech support guy, who gave me one answer: "Our engineers are working on it". I tried to get a straight answer from the guy, as to why I couldn't connect, but couldn't. Below is a transcript of our conversation. Andy is the name of the Tech Support guy:
Andy: Hi, my name is Andy. How may I help you?
Andy: Hello
: Hi andy
: I can't play FIFA 11 online.
Andy: Are you getting any error message ?
: Yes. "EA servers are not available at this time. Please try again later".
Andy: I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you. This is a temporary issue and our engineers are already aware of this. They are working to resolve this as soon as possible. I would advise you to please wait for some time and then try again to login and play the game online. If the issue persists, you can contact us again. We will be happy to assist you.
Andy: Our engineers are working on it
Andy: Soon it will be fixed .
Andy: Sorry for this problem .
Andy: Sorry but in this case I would suggest you to please go on the official forums and post your problem there under the feedback section . Soon our game developement team will respond you back for that problem.
Andy: You can visit our forums at: http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/categories/list.page to post your question there.
Andy: Is there anything else I can do for you at this moment ?
: Is this a problem with the digital download version only?
Andy: No
: Then why are Xbox and PS3 users able to play online?
Andy: Sorry but right now there is some issue with the servers that's why you are facing this issue .
Andy: So please use soon our development team will fix this problem
Andy: Ok
Andy: If in case again you face any problem then please come back to us
Andy: Is there anything else I can do for you at this moment ?
: How long do you anticipate until this problem is resolved?
Andy: I would suggest you to please atleast wait for the 24 hrs
: You seem very quick to get rid of me. Why? I have a legitimate problem and can't seem to get a straight answer from EA technical support.
Andy: It's nothing like that but right now there is some issue with the servers that's why you are facing this issue .
Andy: As the servers will come up you will be able to play .
Andy: Ok
: OK, I get it. Thanks.
Andy: Sorry once again for this problem
Andy: Bye
Andy: Thank you for your participation. Have a wonderful day.
Andy: Bye
Andy: Take care
Andy has disconnected.

No comments:

Post a Comment