Friday, April 20, 2012

Online play crashes to desktop randomly!

Hi guys,
I am really disappointed by the EA support so I am writing my problem here in the hope that someone would have got the solution of my problem. I have installed FIFA 11 on Windows 7 PC. During online play, the game often crashes to desktop after which the connection is lost. This happens so frequently that almost 8 out of 10 online games are ended pre-maturely. It is also affecting my online profile. The official EA support members have suggested two work-arounds as mentioned below:
1. Turning off the (User Account Control - UAC)
2. Uninstalling the game and re-install it by using the new admin account.
I tried both workarounds but didn't work for me. Can anyone help me in this regard?|||Maybe it is a crash relating to do with Windows 7, I don't know.:)
It never happens with me. Since the official patch that was released in October 28th. I haven't had a single crash to desktop! I've played over 400 ranked matches online as well as club matches and 5vs5s. Never had crashes.
Do you have the latest graphics card drivers installed?
Have you installed MonkeyDragon camera patch or the graphics patch? I know these cause crashes. My friend had them and when he was playing with me he was randomly getting crashes. I was getting the free win and points though.:)
But as soon as he made a fresh reinstallation, by deleting FIFA 11 EA Sports folder and then installing again it never crashed since. And we played online and he didn't get a crash any more.
So you can try that and see if it helps. Unless of-course you haven't installed any unofficial patches.:)|||but camera patch by monkey dragon is useful i mean you can see all the ground and players and that's an advantage, blazing what is your wind?|||Oh, mine is Windows Vista 32-bit.
I've heard from quite a few people that the MonkeyDragon camera patch is very good. However, it crashes online sometimes.:)
That's why I don't dare to install it. I have bad experiences with installing unofficial patches, they just tend to crash my game. I suppose they're good if you play offline only. But for online, I would think twice before downloading an official patch.:)|||ok look at this 2 pictures, 1st is ea camera and 2nd monkey camera:
ea camera:
http://postimage.org/image/dwaiodic/52eafd3a/
monkey camera:
http://postimage.org/image/dwh4trhg/87cfdb03/
what rooms you use if you were in my place?|||


ok look at this 2 pictures, 1st is ea camera and 2nd monkey camera:
ea camera:
http://postimage.org/image/dwaiodic/52eafd3a/
monkey camera:
http://postimage.org/image/dwh4trhg/87cfdb03/
what rooms you use if you were in my place?

I like the MDs camera view as you can see the whole pitch.
However, there is one problem with it. The players look too small. It feels like a helicopter view. Especially on 1920x1200 if you've ever experienced playing in that sort of resolution, you'll know that everything gets really small.
I have to use full 100% zoom in everything for it to be an acceptable size.
But if you look at the EAs camera view the players are closer, for me that's better, I have more control over the players. Plus there is always the 3D radar that you can look at if you want to know where abouts your players are on the pitch.
I like the MD camera patch, but if only the players were from a closer range and not a helicopter view from the top then I would've perhaps liked it more than EAs one.
But it seems like it causes crashes online occasionally, not always. This seems to be the cause of the patch. Cos I played with my friend online for a few hours the other day, he had 4-5 crashes in the middle of the game. So basically he awarded me the free win and points for no reason.
A couple of days later he reinstalled the game and we played again and since then his game didn't crash.
This is the sort of thing that really worries me about those unofficial patches. If it crashes in the middle of an online game, you'll get a loss recorded as well as points deducted and worse of all a DNF% increase.
I have a fairly low DNF% at 3%, I certainly don't want it to increase any higher due to some crashes caused by unofficial patches.:) As I said, these are good for offline where it doesn't affect you that much even if it crashes as you can start again. But in online, once you get a loss it is there permanently, you can't start from the beginning.:)
That's why I would suggest that anyone who plays online regularly should not install various unofficial patches, as there's a high risk that it will cause crashes in the middle of the game!
|||i forgot to mention i play approximately 80 games on ea servers and i have no crash in middle of the game,for me is not a prb but i don't know maybe he install another patch...

No comments:

Post a Comment